We offer the following PMVA training:
- 1 Day PMVA (Refresher course).
- 3 Days PMVA (Intensive course).
- 4 Days or 5 Days(Only offered as an extension to candidates when they consistently fail during or at the end of the 3 Days course).We will normally offer you a three-day course, to begin with, then if you are unable to pass the assessments, we can extend to a four-day course and at the worse, a five-day course. Please note that you will have to pay the difference between a three-day and a five-day course if we were to upgrade you to a four or five-day. Check with the lead instructor for the difference in price before booking.
Health and Safety Requirements
- Completion of delegate fitness Questionnaire.
- Disclosure of any issues which might affect the ability to complete physical nature of this intensive training. This includes pregnancy, as it may impede completion. It is advisable that prospective delegates should seek medical advice and clearance from a qualified practitioner before attending.
- Suitable dress code, for example, flat soles such as trainers, loose clothing, and comfortable tops. Some candidates require the use of knee pads. This is down to the candidate and we do not provide this.
- All delegates are to avoid excessive Jewellery (Jewellery is best not to be worn or must be kept away for your safety and that of others) hair must be tied back neatly and nails cut short.
1 Day PMVA Training(Refresher Course).
We are pleased to offer you a One Day course in Prevention Management of Violence & Aggression (PMVA).
Course Title: – PMVA & Breakaway One Day Introduction and Refresher course
Provider: Restore Health –PMVA Training Services.
Training + Certificate: £120.00
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 10.15 a.m - 6 p.m.
Delegates will be informed of the venue after they have registered and a place on the training has been confirmed.Places will only be confirmed when you have paid your admin fee. There are a limited number of people we take for this training and very few places are available for health and safety reasons. It is advisable to book your training and pay quickly, and, well in advance to avoid disappointment. Book your training
This Training Benefits
Anyone who works in a clinical setting such as a Mental Health setting including forensic, low, medium, high secure services, CAMHS, Acute care settings, Elderly, Care Homes and or with individuals with a Learning Disability and Challenging Behaviour, and/or work within a violent or aggressive work environment as defined by Institute of Conflict Management (ICM).
We require a satisfactory completion of a Health Questionnaire and confirmation of your fitness.This course is only for those who currently hold a PMVA(Prevention and Management of Violence Certificate) that is about to expire and is still active. We do not train anyone whose certificate is already expired for a one day course. We advise that you enrol for the three(3) days course if you have a certificate that has recently expired even for one day. If in doubt please call the office.
Scope of Course
This is a highly specialist course that is supported by Institute of Conflict Management (ICM). Our trainers are highly skilled in multifaceted self-defence techniques, and the course is highly practical as its pragmatism is tested before certificates are issued to ensure it can protect you at work. It is not a fairy tale, make belief, venture and it has had 100% success rates in protecting staff with no injuries recorded. The safety of the clients we care for and safety of staff who care for the clients is paramount. Simply put, this course does what it promises to do.
1-day PMVA Training course content.
- Introduction to Physical Restraints. This includes historical context of control and restraints and charts this till present day. It looks at what has changed, why it has changed and what is utilized now. It looks at differentiating physical restraints from a common struggle. It presents the emotional issues with physical restraints and Death related incidents during physical restraints and ways to avoid them. It looks into your legal rights and ways of avoiding legal pitfalls such as corporate manslaughter.
- The use of self-defence in the workplace (Personal safety). This includes the following: Laws relating to the use of force at work, The Duty of Care, PMVA as Manual Handling(Health and Safety at Work), Reflective Practice for All.
- Ethics- Duty of Beneficence, Duty of Benevolence, Duty of Veracity, Duty of Non-malfeasance vs Duty of Autonomy
PM: Breakaway Techniques
- The five main breakaway techniques that save lives.
- Issues surrounding breakaways.
- The Law and reasonable force.
- Scenarios needing Breakaways(Including Ground strangulation)
PMVA(Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression)
- Avoiding Conflict and confrontation
- De-escalation Techniques
- Basic introduction to escorting a client (The guide).
- Basic introduction and/or refresher to Figure of 4 holds.
- Taking a Client, Customer and/or patient to the chair.
- Disembarking from taking to the chair safely.
- Real fight or violent situation approach 1. (Containing the assailant with a minimum of two staff in a working environment).
- Basic introduction -Taking the assailant to the floor (Minimum of two staff, a maximum of three).
Three (3) Days PMVA Training
We are pleased to offer you a Three Day course in Prevention and Management of Violence & Aggression (PMVA).
Course Title: – PMVA & Breakaway Four Days (Introduction and Refresher course).
Provider: Restore Health (PMVA Training Services).
Duration: 3 days minimum
Training +Certificate = £240.00
Total = £240.00
Time: 10.15 a.m - 6 p.m(Please note that there are times when this training will exceed its allocated time. It's a crash programme and individuals learning styles differ. We aim to complete each day latest at 20.00 hrs at the worst).
THIS TOTAL COST REMAINS ONLY DURING OUR PROMOTIONAL OFFER. OUR NORMAL RATES WILL BE APPLIED AFTER OUR PROMOTIONAL OFFER IS OVER.
AN EXTRA DAY OR TWO MIGHT BE NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE COURSE IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PASS THE COURSE ON YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT, AND YOU ARE NEW TO WORKING IN A VIOLENT CLINICAL SETTING. THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF PHYSICAL RESTRAINT MAY TAKE BETWEEN 4 DAYS TO 5 DAYS FOR NEWCOMERS. AT RESTORE HEALTH CARE WE DO OUR BEST TO HELP YOU PASS ON YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT. HOWEVER, WE HAVE A SPECIAL ONE TO ONE SESSION THAT WILL ASSIST YOU PASS WITH EASE, BUT THIS MIGHT COST YOU MORE. THIS WILL BE CHARGED AT FULL PRICE, PLEASE DISCUSS WITH THE LEAD TRAINER OR SEE OUR PRICE FOR 4DAYS OR FIVE DAYS TRAINING.
Delegates will be informed of the venue after they have registered or paid the admin fee for the course, and have been booked a place on the training, or the training has been confirmed.There are a limited number of people we take for this training and very few places are available for health and safety reasons. It is advisable to book your training quickly and well in advance to avoid disappointment. (Book a course).
Delegates will be informed after registration, and a place is offered and confirmed.
This Course Benefits
Anyone who works in a clinical setting such as a Mental Health setting(including forensic, low, medium, high secure services, CAMHS, Acute care settings, Elderly, Care Homes and or with individuals with a Learning Disability and Challenging Behaviour, and/or work within a violent or aggressive work environment as defined by Institute of Conflict Management (ICM). This includes first-timers.
To confirm a place on this course you only need to be motivated and complete the medical health questionnaire, with a diagnostic assessment to ensure your suitability. Please call the offices on:
This course is open to anyone who wants to learn more about their legal rights to protect themselves from work and avoid lawsuits as a result of protecting themselves at work. However, any form of physical intervention training will be useful but not necessary or mandatory.
The scope of Course.
This is a highly specialist course that is supported by Institute of Conflict Management (ICM). Our trainers are highly skilled in multifaceted self-defence techniques across the board and the course is highly practical as it is tested before certificates are issued to ensure it CAN PROTECT YOU AT WORK. It is not a fairy tale make belief venture and has 100% success rates in protecting you, because of its practical nature. Simply put, this course does what it promises to do.
PMVA COURSE CONTENT.
Theory -Day 1
Breakaway- Day 2
Physical Intervention (Control and Restraints) Day 3
Physical Intervention /Theory test and Practical test -Day 4
The following areas will be covered in a 3 Day PMVA training:
- Safety Brief
- Medical Questionnaire
Methods of safe control
- Escorting the guide
- The figure of 4 hold
- Move from guide to figure of 4
- Into thumb in palm
- Into finger and thumb hold
- Taking to chair
- Taking to knees
- Prone restraint
- Supine restraint
- Change over
- Going through doorways
- Disengaging from seated
- Empathy for the client.
Please call Restore Health Care Ltd /Restore Health for a more detailed course content on 0161 922 8644
Trainers at Restore Health
The Lead trainer at Restore Health Care Ltd -Training PMVA services, is Leon Edwards- RMN, MICM (Reg). Mr Edwards is a registered mental health nurse (RMN) with a Diploma in Education and Training, DET. Leon is a martial arts exponent who has trained with a few masters in various forms of martial arts such as Judo, Aikido, Karate and Wing Chun to name a few. He has worked in the social care industry for about eighteen years.
The Institute of Conflict Management has awarded Leon Edwards of Restore Health, Membership status (certified number: 3137). Mr Edwards of Restore Health is ENB A74 Trained and also is an Accreditated certified Trainer at Basis Training (UK) Limited which is backed up with the Quality Award and Registration Number QAC2022.
This is in Relation to:
The following Accreditations:
- Element 1: Training Design.
- Element 2: Training Delivery.
- Element 3 Training Evaluation & Feedback
L322 Delivering Conflict Prevention & Management Training.
ICM L225 Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry.
L323 in Lev 3 Training Award that Trains Trainers.
The physical aspects of the training have been Risk Assessed through the Institute for Conflict Management (ICM) whose guidelines we follow as all our trainers are members of ICM and the publication by the Department of Health “Positive & Proactive Care: reducing the need for restrictive intervention” state the following: (127). There are no universally accepted standards for the use of physical restraint although both the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) 44 and the Institute for Conflict Management (ICM) 45 offer voluntary quality accreditation schemes)
If you require a copy of the report please look at the ICM website. All our Conflict Management Trainers have attended the NHS CFSMS Familiarisation Seminar & are able to meet the 10 objectives identified by the CFSMS relating to the Conflict Management National Syllabus.
Please Note: All our training are inclusive, and we use the best teaching methods available such as scaffolding (but not limited to this) and they are delivered to the highest quality, by the best in the industry. The Restore experience is always the best experience.
Restore Health is committed to helping organizations restore a safe working environment that has the tranquillity of peace, which is conducive to a much better productive work. Our aim is to provide an environment that is devoid of stress, aggression or violence. This is achieved by providing you with a tailored package that suits your needs while ensuring you develop the competence that posits you to now confidently manage your environment safely.